Simple happiness test is considered highly reliable
How happy are you? Try this short test. The Satisfaction with Life Scale was devised in 1985 by Edward Diener, a psychologist at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and is used by researchers around the world.
On a scale from 1 to 7, indicate how strongly you agree or disagree with the following statements, with 7 being strong agreement.
1. In most ways my life is close to my ideal.
2. The conditions of my life are excellent.
3. I am satisfied with my life.
4. So far I have gotten the important things I want in life.
5. If I could live my life over, I would change almost nothing.
Total score: 31 to 35: you are extremely satisfied with your life; 26 to 30: satisfied; 21 to 25: slightly satisfied; 20: neutral point; 15 to 19: slightly dissatisfied; 10 to 14: dissatisfied; 5 to 9: extremely dissatisfied