We asked U of T Magazine readers what their favourite spots on campus are when it comes to dreaming of love. Here are some of the top picks:
2. What could be more romantic than a stroll in a quad – just like your own private garden. U of T has several of these secluded corners – here’s the Sir Daniel Wilson quad on a snowy day.
3. Shailender Ganger (@shellyganger on Twitter) says her heart sings “anywhere in UC”, because of its beautiful architecture. Like this?
4. Sometimes romance is a stolen moment… @smiles61446 on Twitter recommends “the five-minute walk from Deerfield Hall to the student centre through the woods” at U of T Mississauga.
5. Treat your sweetie to a magical moment in the ethereal indoor bamboo garden at the Donnelly Centre.
6. Alice Chen (@wAliceChen on Twitter) suggests there’s nowhere more romantic than “between bookshelves in a library”. Ah, the sweet scent of poetry!
7. You can meet your lover under the stars any clear night… or join in one of the tours of the cosmos offered year-round at the department of astronomy and astrophysics’s very own planetarium.
8. Lislehurst bridge at U of T Mississauga may just be U of T’s most popular spot for wedding pictures – and for good reason.
9. Steal away to the secluded evergreen garden at Miller Lash House, UTSC, where guests can enjoy the tranquil sounds of the RiverRock waterfall. Another popular spot for weddings!
10. Re-enact the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet at Hart House. You know you want to!
There are as many romantic locales as there are lovers. Tell us where on campus you find romance!
By bringing artificial intelligence into chemistry, Prof. Aspuru-Guzik aims to vastly shrink the time it takes to develop new drugs – and almost everything else